Sunday, April 5, 2009

Crawling out of my skin

x-posted from Livejournal. Originally written late last night.

I've decided that I need to travel in the spring. I get restless. That's an understatement.

I'm also navigating yet another life crisis. I think that I should just say "My life is a journey, with a plot, and constant crisis."

This time, it's money, which I'm nervous about to begin with. And we don't have that many hours at the costume shop. Goddamit, Easter. I need a second job, but don't have time, so I have to quit one of my organizations. I've actually needed to do that for a while - my life is ridiculously complicated. The question is, which one?

Am also getting anxious about this summer. I need moneys ... preferably in the form of a research grant.

I just want to curl up for a week and disappear. I think that's what spring break was supposed to be. I had the social spring break, but not the solitary spring break.

If I had the money, I would go to Scotland alone in August. It's some big anniversary, so rates there are cheap this year. And hey, Scotland alone. Very spiritual, fairly safe journey.

Unfortunately, no money. None. Whatsoever. Maybe I'll save up to go North alone or something. Should be worthwhile.

I need to get the hell out of here. Leaving always makes home better.

And now ... sleep.

No comments: