Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chronic Nervous Conditions Can Be Overcome

Wow, this week has been awful, but I'm almost done. I think my midterms ripped out my soul. I might need a replacement.

And getting ill really doesn't help. I don't think I actually had the stomach flu, it was more of a nervous condition combined with a chronic exhaustion. Spring break can't come soon enough.

But from the perspective of the now, things are looking pretty good. All I have to do now is some reading for tomorrow morning, and then I'm in the money.

I got my background check in to the house I want to rent. Now, as soon as that goes through, Kira and I can sign a lease. Yes! I think we're the only ones that have submitted background checks, so we're already ahead of the game. I'll email the landlady to make sure she got our stuff. I really hope this works out, teh apartment is the cutest thing ever, and it's super convenient. When we toured it, I felt this glowing feeling of all being right, you know, that feeling that this is the place.

Pictures of that will come, of course, once we've signed a lease/moved in. Moving party? Yes?

I also think that my research proposal is in a form that is as close to finished as possible. I sent it off to my professor-collaborator, and here's hoping that they give me funding to do the project. It's really, really exciting, and I might use this research to launch a grassroots campaign. But first, I really need to get the lay of the land, which is exactly what this project is for. It will also be really good to familiarize myself with policy surrounding renewable energy and tribal lands, and to worm my way into the system.

Had a meeting today with Timothy from Summer of Solutions, and I may have bitten off more than I can chew. I have a project for spring break now, though, and this stuff really needs to get rolling. I won't go into the details of what I'm doing, but Summer of Solutions is going full throttle on the grassroots fundraising effort, and we need to start delegating positions to get the logistics figured out. Like ... housing. And ... office space. And ... stipends.

Lots of work, but very exciting, and I believe in my heart that this is entirely necessary.

Everything is starting to come together, I think, for so many aspects of my life. And then ... ten days of as much break as I'm going to get. Yesssss. I'll post a schedule of my break for those of you who know me in real life. It's looking a bit complicated, but it should be workable.

EDIT: WE GOT THE APARTMENT! This is so perfect - I'm really, really happy. I have a place to live next year!

No comments: