Friday, March 20, 2009

A View Post-Midterms

Music: "Pas Encore" - Pomplamoose
Location: The Homestead
Mood: Happy

Today, I FINALLY submitted my collaborative research proposal.

That has been my day. I woke up, started working on the proposal, and didn't really stop. Ten pages and seven hours later, I was able to send it in for submission. Here's hoping I can get the grant - that would be $2,500 for the summer.

If I don't get the research, I'll take a class. And either way, I'll be doing Summer of Solutions.

To celebrate officially being on break, I'm going to go chill with some friends tonight. I'll have to call Carolyn, to see if I can go over early to chill with her for a bit. It feels so good to be able to relax.

And, you guessed it. It's that special time. Plug time!:

Summer of Solutions is awesome. Check out the website! That's just the Twin Cities site, but you could go to several different places. Here's a list of all program placements. We're hoping to get as many cool cats as possible working on it, so you should join us!

End plug time.

My home life is somewhat bizarre right now. My brother is actually in town for a visit. He'll only be here until really early Sunday morning, but he's here. I really haven't seen him in something like two years, so it's really weird to see him. I forgot how quiet he is sometimes, and how laid back. I forgot that he smokes. But he remembers a lot. I feel like a vaguely self-centered being.

Tomorrow my dad and brother are brewing beer together. Hence, I'm going to try to get out of the house. Anyone have any ideas? I am more than happy to do pretty much anything. Except, you know, homicide. Most other things are still allowed.

No comments: