Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pink grapefruit and yogurt

Is my breakfast. Mmmmm, tasty. However, my dad didn't really tell me how to make coffee correctly, so I've basically made myself tea from coffee beans. Eurgh. Just added milk; that may help. May be a lost cause.

I'm very happy to be back at home. I feel like Spring Break has finally started. I mean, really, it started when I got my research proposal in (omg, really want to hear back about that), but my brother was around, so things were off. And now he's not here, and I'm done with work, so ... that means, naturally, that my break has started.

I didn't expect to get alone-time today, but apparently I will. I'm going to use it to get some sewing done - I'm making this dress for myself, out of emerald silk. It will be very beautiful, but it is sort of complicated. We'll see how this goes.

By lunch, I'm planning on going to the Acoustic and hunkering down with a sandwich, some tea (or coffee-thing), and getting some reading done for Creative Writing. I'm supposed to read all of these short stories and journal about them. Really, it's not a huge deal, but it kind of fell by the wayside due to Powershift. And it's not terribly strenuous homework. Short stories? Yes please.

I also have to write a short story of my own, which will require planning. Mmmm, yes.

I'm actually in a fairly good mood, despite the date-failure of this weekend. (Hence my declaration that I'm a frigid cow.)

I think I'll get a lot done on that dress, and it's super pretty. Now, I just have to brush the teeth and go out to get thread. I wish I didn't have to, but apparently we don't have emerald thread. Why? It's such a useful color!

I will post pictures of things once they're finished. I'm considering opening a shop on Etsy, and making me the moneys. I do like to sew and knit things, but can't possibly need so many things. It will take a while, but I'll post pictures here and hopefully get some good feedback.

Off to go be productive. *muah* Thank you all for putting up with me. Sometimes I wonder why I have friends.

No comments: