Friday, March 13, 2009

LIfe? I have one?

My life is pretty good right now, aside from schoolwork. I think. Maaaaybe.

I have a date for the first time in a year, and that's always exciting. We don't know when we're going out, or what we're doing, but it will happen. I am determined, and he sounded excited/nervous when I talked to him on the phone.

That's a good thing. Also, I didn't get into the university apartments, but I think that's alright. I've already found some very exciting options for off-campus housing. I've already got a visit scheduled tomorrow - it's the best deal so far. The landlord seems really nice, and it's two blocks away, and all utilities are included in rent, including cable and internet. That's amazing, really. And it's only something like $550 a month. I think they've also got off-street parking, which is another thing that's super important.

I know that it's important to keep looking, but honestly, I'm almost ready to sign this lease. It seems perfect.

There's another place two blocks away, right behind one of my favorite coffee shops. I'm not sure what the utilities are, and if internet or cable is included, but I really like the location and it seems cute. I'll definitely be calling them later today.

And on top of the house search, I've got so much homework I can barely conceive of anything else. One of my professors assigned a book and a paper for this weekend for the midterm. Yeah. It's 164 pages, which is better than I had thought, but he prefaced the assignment with "Now, this author decided to create a new genre in historical accounting. It's difficult, translated from Italian, and while very exciting, very difficult. Don't start this Sunday night."

And I was all like "thanks Carl, for destroying my soul."

That's on top of crazy homework in my other classes, which I am also behind in. Gah! Not good! So basically, I'm screwed for the weekend. Do not attempt to talk to me, or get me to hang out with you, it will be a failure.

I'm really excited that spring break is coming soon. I'm so stressed that I woke up stressed out, with a backache and a headache. I will attempt to meditate at some point today, but that may not be that effective, given my stress levels. Spring break just needs to get here faster. Ready ... go.

Wow, I just realized how ridiculously hot my dorm room is. It's probably in the 90s. This is not necessary, not at all. And I have no way of changing that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The book isn't perchance by Umberto Eco, is it?

On a much longer side-note, sorry to be a huge creepster by reading your blog. But, I spose making myself known might mitigate the creepiness just a touch? Hope so. I'm basically going through a college withdrawal since Power Shift (no surprise). I haven't yet figured out if trying to live vicariously through this blog is helping or hurting, but it's the best thing I've got to work with right now. We'll see.

Abbie said...

Hahaha, well I'm perfectly fine with you checking out my blog!

Creep away!

My people-watching habits may be creepier. And if you've got a facebook, who doesn't use that thing to stalk? We're all creepy in our own ways.

You went to Powershift? Awesome! What workshops/panels did you go to?

I might just post about my horrible, very college-filled day today. I hadn't been planning on it, but you may just have inspired me.

Anonymous said...

Haha. Creepin' is cool, but I much prefer dialogue so I'm glad we've begun.

Ya man I was at power shift- I am that girl who lives with Anne and John. And creepily invited you to our party and to see Van Jones. Remember? I was at PS to talk about community wind on a couple of panels on Sunday.

One of the things I miss about college is all of the outlets/excuses to get to know new people. Basically the only two ways I meet people now are 1) through friends (rare) or 2) by chatting up strangers (awkward). But I hope that helps explain my forwardness in my attempts to friend-date you, as I like to call it. I should warn you that I'm likely not done trying.